Condominium Insurance – North & South Carolina

Serving Charlotte, Concord and Huntersville, Mint Hill Matthews, Fort Mill, SC, and the surrounding communities.

Condominium insurance offers individual owners essential coverage in areas that the homeowners association or master policy do not. Condo insurance is not the same as homeowners insurance. It does not cover the exterior of the building or the foundation. However, the HOA policy usually does. This leaves little protection for unexpected losses and damages. The unit owner is responsible for covering all personal belongings, including clothing and furniture, as well as coverage for walls, flooring and cabinetry. Condo unit owners also need personal liability insurance to cover against any claims arising from accidents that may occur in the unit. Liability coverage is a crucial component of condominium insurance.

Agents at Legion Agency can help you determine the coverage requirements for your property so that your home and possessions are properly covered. It’s not necessary to be unsure about who is covered or where to get the lowest rates. Let us guide you. Let us make this a positive experience.

  • Dwellings covers the structural elements of the unit, such as walls and floors, against fire, severe weather, theft and other types of sustained damage. For damage caused by flood, wind and hail, separate policies may be required.
  • Personal Property covers personal property such as furniture, electronics and clothing.
  • Liability coverage helps to protect against accident-related expenses like medical bills, settlements and legal fees in the event of an injury in the condo. It also covers property damage or third-party harm. Most policies cover both at-fault errors that occur on or off a property.

Condo owners and their guests both benefit from condo insurance. Most mortgage companies require condo owners purchase a policy that covers the loan term. Condo insurance can cover property that is damaged, stolen, or lost due to fire, theft or other natural disasters. This coverage could also cover interior furnishings such as walls, floors, ceilings and appliances.

It may be required by your homeowners association. If you plan to apply for a mortgage, your bank may require it.

It is your responsibility to repair or replace your unit if it is damaged or stolen.

Legion Agency can help you find the right policy for your condo. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy it. We will help you decide the right coverage for you and provide additional options that might be of benefit to you. Contact us to get your condo insurance quote started right away!

Let’s Get Started