Boat & Marine Insurance – North & South Carolina
Serving Charlotte, Concord and Huntersville, Mint Hill Matthews, Fort Mill, SC, and the surrounding communities.
You love boating as much as we do. There are many options for boating pleasure, whether you like saltwater or freshwater. It is important to understand the risks involved in owning and operating a watercraft. Owners of boat and marine insurance policies are protected against unexpected loss or damage from boating accidents, as well as other hazards such theft, fire, and vandalism.
Legion Agency is familiar with the requirements for boat and marine coverages to protect vessel owners of all types. Our agents can help you tailor policies that will protect your investment as well as your boating adventures, from leisure watercrafts and luxury yachts, to large sailboats and sport fishing boats to large sailboats.
- Bodily injury coverage helps to pay for medical bills and income loss for others who are injured in an accident that you caused.
- Property damage liability coverage covers the cost of damages to another person’s boat or property as a result an accident that you caused.
- Collision Insurance covers damage to your boat in case of an accident with another boat, object or vessel.
- Comprehensive Coverage helps you pay for damage to your boat that is not caused by a collision, such as fires or theft.
- Underinsured and Uninsured Boater coverage covers bodily injury damages in the event that you or your passengers are injured in an accident with another boater, who is either underinsured or uninsured.
- Insurance Payments Coverage pays for medical bills if your passengers or you are injured onboard your boat.
- Actual cash value or agreed value are the two options to determine the coverage for a total boat accident.
Boat insurance is not required for some smaller boats, such as canoes or single-passenger sailing boats. Boats like bowriders and pontoons, high speed boats, yachts, large sailingboats, and waverunners usually require boat insurance. To adequately protect your vessel’s financial value and operational risk, it is important to have insurance.
The amount of coverage that you need for boat insurance depends on how much you use your boat. Certain coverage is required by marinas and boating clubs for members. This usually includes liability coverage. The agent can also help you determine the best coverage for your situation.
Legion Agency can help you find the right boat insurance so that you can enjoy your boat. We will help you decide the right coverage for you and provide additional options that might be of benefit to you. Get your boat insurance quote from our agency today!
You may also consider additional coverage options
Some personal belongings and important equipment that you bring onboard your boat may require additional coverage. Towing insurance can be purchased to cover on-the water towing and roadside assistance in the event of a boat trailer or vehicle breaking down.